Monday, March 28, 2011

Oh Oh, The Places We Go...

One foot past the threshold.. 
Warm light and soft breath fill me.
The sound of bare feet
 Pattering against warm stone I hear.
The whispers of voices past invite me in.
Memories of you crash into me,
And I remember how it feels to be home.

The Above Image Won Grand Prize
Single Image- Faculty Category PIEA 2011






Delamar, NV

And I remember how it feels to be home


 



Searching beyond what I see
into infinity
as a mirror reflecting itself,
my mind goes on...
  and on...
    grasping for finality.
  I cannot find it.
It does not exist?
And so I find myself...
   Shaking hands with   eternity

I cannot see where I am going…
Only where I have been.  
I can tell you only
What I think I know-
That is;
The only way to get there
Is to journey forward
Into time and space.
You will know you are there
When you arrive.










Ely Rail Road Station









When I am still         When I am still                       When I am still
You remind me         You speak in every element     You smile at me
I am never alone       I hear your voice                      I see your face

























Light shatters its antitheses scattering fractals of brilliance…
Shedding scales of colour onto a grey universe.
We rise with its dawn to find laid before us
A cosmos once in mourning…
Is now in morning.



This Image won Exhibitor Single Image-
Faculty Division
PIEA 2008


9 comments:

  1. Love all your work! Such is our journey....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the creative aspect on each photograph. It's not just what the naked eye sees, but the talent you have as a photographer. You can tell how much time and effort you put in to capture each shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia,
    I love how the images and the words connect. I really am moved by the way they create a mood for me. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is truly incredible! Emotional and story telling. I love the infra red photography and the poetry to go along with the images. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Work. It's nice to see the work of my teacher and know that you really are a professional at what you teach. The writings with your works truely add to each emotion and story behind your works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this album the best. It's amazing you found so much good landscaping and scenery in a relatively small region around Nevada.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos! I especially like the infrared shots of the trees. There is a wonderful dynamic within these landscapes. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your photos. Most specially the tree with the poem WHEN I AM STILL it gave a differ meaning to the photograph it almost the picture is telling you something. Talking to the LORD above. It really made me look many times. You do good work, you inspired students.

    ReplyDelete